Braces – the absolute worst. They don’t look good, they don’t feel good, they don’t act good.
But we all want that picture-perfect, no-flaws-allowed smile, so what can you do?
Ditch traditional braces and go with Invisalign, the most prominent clear aligners on the market?
Well, what do you know, that’s a real option!
Using Invisalign, you can turn that frown upside down without anyone noticing the process (though they’ll love the results).
But what are these clear aligners anyway?
All Hail the Clear Aligners King
Clear aligners, as you’d expect from the name, are thin, almost transparent brackets made from a flexible thermoplastic material.
Fun fact: though some people believe they’re synonymous, there are several clear aligner brands out there, but none are as huge as Invisalign.
Closing in on 10 million satisfied patients, Invisalign has been a massive help to teens and adults alike.
Other than that, these aligners correct the same dental problems as traditional metal braces. The only differences are that Invisalign® trays are, again, almost invisible to the naked eye and can be removed at will.
So, what issues can they fix?
🦷 Overcrowding? ☑️
🦷 Large gaps between teeth? ☑️
🦷 Crossbite, overbite, and underbite issues? ☑️☑️☑️
“How do they work,” you ask?
Without diving deep into the nitty-gritty details, Invisalign technicians use 3D imagery to create multiple customized plastic aligners. These aligners apply pressure to your teeth, gradually shifting them and moving them into the desired places.
“But what makes Invisalign so great,” you inquire?
First things first, it’s the company’s SmartTrack material. Unlike the material behind generic clear aligners, SmartTrack:
- Applies gentle, constant force;
- Improves control of tooth movements;
- Straightens your teeth more precisely & comfortably.
Apart from that, what separates Invisalign from its competition is the company’s software:
- The 3D interface customizes your treatment;
- Its algorithm calculates just the right amount of force for every tooth movement;
- The software helps ensure every tooth moves in the right order and at the right time.
And that, folks, is how a flawless smile is born.
Fun Facts About Invisalign
Did you know that:
- The guy who invented the Invisalign® system had metal braces. Make sense, right? Zia Chishti hated the experience as much as the next braces-wearing fellow, so he went ahead and fixed it.
- Your favorite celebrity has rocked Invisalign before. Indeed, the celebs who used Invisalign include Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, Justin Bieber, Serena Williams, and many more. And who can blame them when they’re in the spotlight 24/7 and Invisalign is virtually invisible?
- You’ll see the results before the treatment starts. Because we use 3D scanning and map out the treatment before customizing your Invisalign aligners, you’ll be able to take a peek at what your new and improved smile will look like in the future.
- Invisalign may improve your oral health. That’s right; it’s not just about aesthetics. People with straight teeth are much less likely to fall victim to gum disease and tooth decay.
- Because they’re made from a thermoplastic material, Invisalign braces look a lot like teeth-whitening trays. In fact, that’s where Zia Chishti drew his inspiration from.
So, next time you feel like dropping a knowledge bomb on your friends, these fun Invisalign facts should serve you well.
Reasons to Choose Invisalign
To set aside all the fancy tech jargon and all the promises, the biggest reasons to choose Invisalign are:
- They’re easily removable. No dentist appointments, no nothing. You can remove them anytime you want. Enjoy your food, brush your teeth, floss, and put the braces back on just like that.
- They’re virtually invisible. Like it or not, metal braces just don’t look good. And, try as they might otherwise, people can be very judgemental. But because Invisalign is practically invisible, you can rock these aligners without anyone noticing it.
- They’re much more comfortable. The pokey wires that metal braces come with are the worst. Invisalign aligners, on the other hand, are customized to your smile. And, because they’re made from thermoplastic, these clear aligners are much more comfortable than metal braces.
At Spartan Family Dentistry, we’re happy to help you.
Dr. Priscila Jelsing and our team use the latest technology to deliver high-quality results and a comfortable experience.
Schedule a consultation to see whether Invisalign is right for you.
Spartan Family Dentistry is located in Bixby, OK…Click to open directions to our office in a new window…, and proudly serves surrounding communities, including South Tulsa, Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Leonard, Glenpool, Kiefer, Mounds, Liberty, Haskell, Winchester, Beggs, and Preston.